Barbara Keeley MP


Barbara Joins CORGI in calls for Gas Safety

headandshouldersBarbara today expressed her shock and sympathy with a young man caught in a domestic gas explosion and called for residents to be aware of risks associated with gas powered heating and cooking equipment.

Following the explosion in the Walkden area of her constituency, Barbara Keeley was keen to stress that safety in the home was based on viligance and joined gas safety professionals CORGI in asking that householders have regular gas checks and be aware of anything out of the ordinary with regard to gas appliances.

Barbara said:

“I was deeply shocked and saddened to hear about the explosion on Memorial Road yesterday, and my thoughts are with the young man who was injured in the accdent.

“I would like to take this opportunity to remind residents of the importance of gas safety in the home and to make sure vigilance is foremost in the minds of constituents when dealing with domestic gas problems.

“The need for us all to take care when dealing with gas appliances has been reinforced by this incident and I would urge all those with gas heated homes to ensure that they have regular checks on appliances.

“Having gas checked annually by a registered gas inspector is essential if we are to avoid tragedies like that which transpired in Walkden yesterday.”

The Labour Party will place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better.

Please read this to review the updates about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our site.

To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice. Use of this site confirms your acceptance of these cookies.