If you are in an emergency situation, phone 999. If you are not able to speak, press 55 on your phone and the operator will know that it is an emergency.
Domestic abuse is an incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive, threatening, degrading or violent behaviour, including sexual violence. In most cases, this is carried out by a partner, ex-partner, a family member or a carer.
Women’s Aid works to keep women and children safe. They have a Live Chat service online Monday-Friday, 10am-12pm at https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/
When you contact Women’s Aid they promise to:
- Never judge you or what you say
- Always have a fully trained female support worker available
- Give you space to explore your options
- Support you to make safe choices for you and your children
- Keep everything you tell them confidential