My constituency office will be closed for the Christmas and New Year period from 4pm on Friday 22nd December 2023. We will start to respond to all emails when the office reopens on Tuesday 2nd January 2024.
If you need urgent help during this time, please see these details of agencies that may be able to help:
- For the opening hours of Salford City Council Services over the Christmas and New Year period, please see salford.gov.uk/your-council/christmas-opening-hours/
- Emergencies and requests for emergency accommodation can be reported to and requested from Salford City Council’s ‘out of hours’ team on 0161 794 8888 which will be available throughout the Christmas and New Year period.
- The Spirit of Salford Helpline has been set up to provide help, support and advice on a variety of issues faced by local residents. Over the Christmas period the Spirit of Salford Helpline is open on: 23rd December (9am-1pm), 27th, 28th, 29th December (10am-2pm) and 30th December (9am-1pm). The helpline will return to normal hours on Tuesday 2nd January 2024. The helpline number is 0800 952 1000 and more information can be found at salford.gov.uk/people-communities-and-local-information/coronavirus/spirit-of-salford-helpline/
- If you need emergency help for fuel, food, baby items or essential furniture you should contact Salford Assist on the freephone number 0800 694 3695. Over the Christmas period Salford Assist will be open on 22nd December (9am-2pm and 2pm-4pm), 27th, 28th and 29th December (10am-2pm). The helpline will return to normal hours on Tuesday 2nd January 2024. More information can be found at salford.gov.uk/advice-and-support/salford-assist/
- If you are concerned about the welfare of a child you can contact The Bridge Partnership on 0161 603 4500 or Salford City Council’s Out of Hours team on 0161 794 8888.
- If you would like to speak to someone about domestic abuse you can call the National Domestic Abuse helpline on 0808 2000 247 or the Safe in Salford Independent Domestic Abuse Support Service on 0161 793 3232. More information can also be found at nationaldahelpline.org.uk and www.salfordfoundation.org.uk/safeinsalford/
- The Adult Health and Social Care Contact Team will be open on 27th, 28th and 29th December and from 3rd January onwards. Its opening hours are 30am -4.30pm for Adult Social Care enquiries and 8am – 6pm for District Nursing enquiries. The service will return to normal hours from 8am on Tuesday 2nd January 2024. You can contact the service on 0161 206 0604 (select option 1 for social care or option 2 for district nursing) or via text message on 07970 134894 for those who are deaf or hard of hearing. You can also visit the Salford Health and Social Care Adults portal at https://adultsportal.salford.gov.uk/web/portal/pages/home.
- If you are worried about someone who is homeless and rough sleeping, you can contact the Rough Sleeper team at Salford City Council by emailing RoughsleeperTeam@salford.gov.uk or by telephoning the Out of Hours team on 0161 794 8888.
- Salford City Council has made some changes to bin collection during the Christmas period. Bins will not be collected on Tuesday 26th December 2023, with a replacement collection day arranged for Saturday 23rd December 2023. You can find your next bin collection day at salford.gov.uk/bins-and-recycling/bin-collection-days/
If you are a social housing tenant and need to report repairs at your property, you should contact your landlord:
- ForHousing – 0300 123 5522
- Irwell Valley Homes – 0300 561 1111
- Great Places Housing Association – 0300 123 1966
- The Guinness Partnership – 0303 123 1890
- Onward Homes – 0300 555 0600
If you feel that you need to talk to someone you may find these contact details helpful:
- The Samaritans is a safe place for you to talk to someone any time you like, in your own way, about the problems you may be facing. You can call the Samaritans for free, any time, from any phone on 116 123 and find more information at https://www.samaritans.org
- Shelter provides advice on housing and homelessness. The helpline is open 8am – 8pm every weekday of the year and 9am – 5pm on weekends and bank holidays. You can contact Shelter on 0808 800 4444.
- If you feel unwell and are worried about your health, you should call the NHS on 111
- The Citizens Advice website has very helpful advice and support on issues such as Benefits, Work, Debt, Money and Immigration and can be found at citizensadvice.org.uk
- You can contact Salford Citizens Advice on 0808 278 7802 between 9am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday. They can give you information or advice over the phone and can be contacted by email 365 days a year. You can find more information about their services at salfordcab.org.uk