Barbara Keeley, Member of Parliament for Worsley & Eccles South and Shadow Minister for Mental Health and Social Care, is looking for the ideal candidate to join her hard-working, fast-paced and committed team in the constituency office in Walkden.
This is a full time (Monday to Friday), permanent role (pending a successful probationary period and review meeting).
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Open and dispatch mail
- Respond to enquiries by telephone and email, passing on queries to other team members and the MP as appropriate
- Deal with standard queries from members of the public
- Log and monitor progress of policy cases
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Draft responses to constituent policy queries
- Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act & GDPR
- Handle administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries
- Assist other members of staff where necessary
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum qualifications: A-levels (grades A-C) or equivalent
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential
- A sympathetic manner in dealing with people on the phone or face-to-face
- Confident and competent use of IT, including the latest Microsoft Office package, email and the Internet
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a small team
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to strict deadlines
- Experience of data input is essential
- Knowledge of the constituency is desirable
- Experience of working with social media (including using graphics) is desirable
- Administration skills essential
- An interest in current affairs and politics and supportive of the values of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO).
The deadline for applications is 4pm on Monday 27 August. Interviews will take place on Friday 31 August. Candidates will be notified by email on Wednesday 29 August if they have been offered an interview with further instructions.
Apply for this job by submitting an application form. To request an application form please email Emily McDermott firstname.lastname@example.org