Do you provide unpaid care for a family member or friend? Are you aged between 12 and 25? Please complete this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/yccovid19
A recent Carers UK survey found that 70% of carers are providing more care due to Coronavirus, with 35% of carers providing more care as a result of the closure or reduction of local services. However, only 1% of those surveyed were aged under 24.
Carers UK think that many young carers and young adult carers are experiencing significantly increased anxiety levels as well as difficulty in accessing food as a result of the pandemic. But they need to hear from more voices aged 12 – 25 and so they have published a survey and want as many young carers and young adult carers as possible to complete it.
The survey will provide Carers UK with:
- accurate current information about what support young carers and young adult carers would most value
- representative samples from across the UK
- an evidence base for a strategic response from Carers Trust
- the basis for a policy briefing to be distributed in early July to influence policy-makers in the UK, England, Scotland and Wales to provide the support that young carers and young adult carers actually need
- key findings to be publicised in UK national and regional media. as well as media focusing on children and young people’s issues
Any carer aged from 12 up to and including the age of 25 can add their voice and fill out the survey and please spread the word with your friends who are also young carers and young adult carers to make sure as many young people as possible take the survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/yccovid19 (the survey closes on 23rd June)
The findings of the survey will help influence the government to give young carers and young adult carers the support they need.